[ale] ImageMagick

Cor van Dijk cor.angela at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 22 15:52:48 EST 2001

Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> Has anyone gotten ImageMagick to work with JPEGs?  I am trying to get a
> thumbnail maker to work, and it uses IM, but the docs are as clear as mud to
> me.  To get IM to work with JPEGs, you have to install the JPEG software
> (done) and you also have to somehow get the IM software to utilize the JPEG
> software.  This is where the FAQ totally fails me - I simply can't follow
> what it's saying.  ANy help would be appreciated...
>
> - Jeff

Not sure what your problem is, but the script below makes thumbnails for me:

#!/usr/bin/perl

# This script generates a file with ImageMagick thumbnails
# from the jpeg files in the current directory.
# Specify the filename on <STDIN>

print "filename = ";
$name = <STDIN>;
chomp($name);

if ( $name ) {
        system("convert 'vid:*.jpg' $name.vid");
} else {
        print "Usage: makethumbs\n";
        exit;
}