[ale] RH 7 Respin?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Mon Jan 22 10:35:12 EST 2001

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > Where can I read more?
>
> 	Damned if I know...  RedHat has been rather quiet on the subject.
> They haven't exactly been hiding it at all, they just haven't said
> much of anything publicly about the respin.

RH has said that no actual plain First Edition discs were shipped.  All
boxed packages now contain the Respin disc.  One small initial pressing was
made of First Edition, but was caught in time to add a disc, so they
contained First Edition + a kinda cool obnoxiously fluorescent green CD with
the updates and a really big warning that you must install the updates (I
have a Professional Server box that came like that, for example).

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu