[ale] DriveRead SeekComplete etc...

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 21 23:40:02 EST 2001

Woah! Contrary to some of the evidence on record (all of
it faked by my enemies :), I'm not a complete idiot. The two
parts of my original message are totally unrelated; I would
never address such a question to the linux-kernel list. I
merely wish to lurk. I've been subscribed to linux-kernel
before, and I'm aware of the traffic concerns.

-- Joe

"Dunlap, Randy" wrote:

> What kernel version?
> What kind of IDE controller?  (brand; ATA/33, ATA/66, ATA/100, etc.)
> What kind of chipset?
> What brand drive?
> Using DMA like Eric was?  or PIO (Programmed I/O)?
>
> All of these and more will be asked when you write to
> linux-kernel at vger.kernel.org .  You may optionally subscribe
> at majordomo at vger.kernel.org, but be prepared for 300+ emails
> per day.
>
> There have been some recent problems and discussions like yours.
> Maybe you could find answers in one of the kernel mail archives.
>
> ~Randy

-- Joe Knapka