[ale] Mac/Unix linefeed wierdness

Agent Durga durga at burntmedia.org
Fri Jan 19 11:29:23 EST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Jennifer Taylor wrote:

>I maintain that it's the mac's fault.  Anyone got any ideas??   All help
>will be very much appreciated!

like it was previously posted, linux, dos, and mac's all use different
characters for new lines....tell the client they should use BBEdit as
their editor...it'll give the ability to set either unix, dos, or mac
newline characters....within BBEdit it will display exactly how they want
it....

since they are using a linux server, they should set the default format to
being unix characters...then all those problems will be solved...

it is there fault, but if they were smart they'd use BBEdit as their
editor...if they are using anything else (aside from Alpha) tell them they
will just have to deal..

:)

btw, i use BBEdit 99% of the time as my editor on my Mac, ever since i set
up the default to be unix newlines i've ceased to have any of those
problems..

-drew

--
   The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";
     but that's because it's the best book on anything for the layman.