[ale] pptp and ppp continued

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Wed Jan 17 15:35:39 EST 2001

I saw this in one of the pppd README files.  Have you tried
it yet?  It sounds like the problem you describe.

  Another thing that might cause problems is that some RAS servers won't
  respond at all to LCP config requests without seeing the word "CLIENT"
  from the other end.  If you see pppd sending out LCP config requests
  without getting any reply, try putting something in your chat script
  to send the word CLIENT after the modem has connected.

--Joe