[ale] Re: earthlink

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Jan 11 22:51:25 EST 2001

"Eric Z. Ayers" wrote:

> I've been a mindspring customer for about 2 years.  Earthlink just switched
> me to a new dialup number.  My connection was very reliable before,
> but with this new number, the connection often 'hangs' and I have to
> kill the PPP daemon to get it to hang up and dial out again.  I'd say
> that I get a "good" connection about one time in four.  Sometimes, the
> link will work for a little while, and then will freeze...  Are there
> any other Earthlink users out there suffering from the same problem?

I'm not an earthlink user, but I did visit their web site a couple of
times to check out their services.  It requires SSL v2, which is
considered no longer secure, note urls below for further info.  I sent
them email about it twice, no response.  There site still requires SSL
v2, so they ignored it and continue their own unsecure ways.  Speaks
volumes about their tech folks as far as I'm concerned.

Eric Murray web site, SO of the well published Laura Lemay.

http://www.lne.com/ericm/papers/ssl_servers.html

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein