[ale] Compiling kernel-2.4.0 on Redhat

Scott Nolde smnoldelinux at mediaone.net
Mon Jan 8 22:40:14 EST 2001

I had several problems with gcc-2.96-69, so I reverted back to -54.
Whew.  Additionally, I had many seg faults when doing the 'make bzImage'
portion of the kernel build.

Anyone else experience this?  I'm using a PIII/650(oc to 866) on an Asus
P3V4X.  The seg faults quieted down after one of two things: a kernel
with an optimization level of 6, or the kernel had the VIA chipset stuff
installed, too.

- Scott