[ale] I'm crazy

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Jan 2 18:32:42 EST 2001

OK, now I'm nuts. :)

The 2.4.X stuff IS including driver code from the Linux PCMCIA Card Services
project (http://PCMCIA-CS.SourceForge.net/).

OTOH, the 2.2.X tarball from kernel.org doesn't have PCMCIA support
built-in. You have to download an additional tarball from the PCMCIA project
page . This also incls. the userland utils you'll need to make your cards
work (though I suspect you probably already have them, cardmgr for example).

Also, if you're using a kernel source package from your distro, they should
also include a separate source pkg for the PCMCIA stuff.