[ale] RH 7.0 wth boraken compiler

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Tue Jan 2 16:39:03 EST 2001

I appreciate yor ur email and clarification.  Could you explain to me what bootstraping the compiler means.  Basically I'm working on an embedded device and the benift of the older libs is the overall size.  Small is best.  I don't necessarily need features,  I just need some newer pieces like ssh and X on newer video chipsets.  If I go to the latest version of GLIBC, things start to take up more and more space.  I'm trying to develop a nice package that will only fit onto a M-Sys DiskOnChip 2000 that is 16mb in size.

Thanks,
Chris