[ale] talking to Netgear RT314: Resolved

David S. Jackson dsj at sylvester.dsj.net
Wed Feb 28 07:20:33 EST 2001

On Mon, Feb 26, 2001 at 10:34:40AM -0500 Gary S MacKay <Gary at EdisonInfo.com> wrote:
> OK, so catbox (router) can not talk to puddin, AND, vice versa, puddin
> can not talk to catbox. But, catbox and puddin can talk to the other
> boxes on the network. Man, sure sounds like an IP conflict. Did puddin
> used to be your i'net gateway? Are you positive that it's IP addr is
> .104? Other than that, I'm as confused as you are. Sorry...
>
> The only other thing I can think of would be a netmask problem?

Turns out my problem was the socket in the hub it was plugged
into.  I switched some RJ45 connectors around in the hub, and
anything that was plugged into this one socket couldn't talk to
the router but could still talk to the rest of the internal
network.  Weird.  My hub was one of those Lynksys 5-port
workgroup hubs.  I wonder if it's some competition thing between
Netgear and Lynksys???  :-)

Thanks again for the help.

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net