[ale] uptime?

Gary Maltzen maltzen at MM.COM
Sat Feb 24 22:49:32 EST 2001

 I'm sorry you find support for that suggestion offensive. Sometimes there are more pressing issues at hand and an "acceptable" solution beats no solution.

 Note: I work in a real company that depends on it's revenue stream for it's livelihood.

 Frankly, although we have not yet had to employ RtRR(c), we would if it meant we would minimize interruption to our client base. Certainly we would try to fix the problem, but we won't take our systems down while we are investigating the problem - and whether or not we have time to investigate that problem depends on our priority mix.

 I have several friends undergoing chemo-therapy for cancer; this is an "acceptable" (if unperfect) solution - they and I continue to enjoy each other's company. A scientifically "managed" solution (no results until the "correct" solution was found) would leave me with somewhat fewer friends.