[ale] uptime?

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Thu Feb 22 12:01:35 EST 2001

People need to distinguish with total uptime from current uptime.  Many
people get excited over current uptime, and it is reassurring to know
that your system can run for a year without human intervention, but it
also indicates the likelihood that your system doesn't have the latest
kernel patches applied.

Total uptime (or uptime-percentage), is a far more important number,
certainly.

--
David Corbin
dcorbin at machturtle.com