[ale] uptime?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 21 21:52:38 EST 2001

> There are plenty of things for us (Linux enthusiasts)
> to brag about without resorting to using uptime statistics.

Agreed, but in the interest of continuing your flame war....

> Uptimes don't mean sh*t!!!

Agreed again, until you realize that absence of an uptime is what
impacts your customers/clients/co-workers and ultimately a bottom line
somewhere.

I have to object to your examples of stable WinNT 'systems'.  WINS &
DNS are minor (majorly minor) apps.  You might have a leg to stand on
if you could say the same thing about a WinNT webserver (IIS or
Apache), and more so if it was one that did something productive.

-Jim P.