[ale] Sendmail config

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 02:21:22 EST 2001

I am using sendmail on a mailing list server and I am seeing situations
where sendmail (after launching many threads) gets hung because it
can't resolve DNS for 1 user's address. All threads are in this state,
not just the first. The net effect is that Sendmail waits for all
threads to timeout (where is this setting?) before moving on to the
next emails.  This can delay delivery of emails by up to an hour.
Other than replacing MTAs, does anyone have any suggestions?

-Jim P.