[ale] .signature weirdness

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Feb 14 08:55:17 EST 2001

OK. This is trivial. But it is irritating me. In my .sig (below) the last
line is wrong. There is supposed to be a \ before the string of ___'s. If
I cat the ~/.signature file, it is there. But it gets lost when the
mailer, pine and balsa, import it in to the mail file. Why and how do I
fix it other than a new .sig? I've rewritten the file n^2 times. If I
print it (enscript) it prints OK. I'm tired of having to edit _every_
email I send just t get the .sig right.