[ale] why cron from /etc/crontab would reply on user 'uucp'

Joe Steele joe at madewell.com
Tue Feb 13 19:40:48 EST 2001

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Jerry Z. Yu wrote:

> since the other job didn't run either, I assume crontab actually try to
> sort of 'compile' all entries under /etc/logrotate.d for cron.daily, then
> crapped out because of uucp entries failed?

It's not clear what you mean by 'other job didn't run either':

If you mean other logrotate jobs in /etc/logrotate.d/, then yes, I
suspect the error would cause logrotate to quit prematurely without
rotating all your logs.

If you mean other cron jobs, then no, I don't think the error should
affect the execution of any cron job except for
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate.

--Joe