FW: [ale] Web Cam

Dunlap, Randy randy.dunlap at intel.com
Fri Feb 9 12:02:53 EST 2001

(forward for mailing list only)

~Randy_________________________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Dunlap, Randy
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 8:02 AM
To: 'I. Herman'; Ale at Ale.Org
Cc: mandrake-linux at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [ale] Web Cam

How do i get a USB/Web Cam working in Mandrake 7.2 on Kernel 2.2.17-21mdk?

Its one of those IBM web cams.

Thx,
Izzie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,

There are about 4 models of IBM web cams.
Linux-USB supports some of them to varying degrees.
See http://www.linux-usb.org/ibmcam/index.html.

To try it out:
. enable Video for Linux support (under Character Devices)
. enable USB support
. select a USB host controller driver for your specific hardware
. select IBM/Xirlink camera support

Build the kernel or modules.
Load the kernel or modules.
Run an app, like xawtv or camstream (listed at
http://www.linux-usb.org/tools.html).

|NOTE: Any views presented here are mine alone|
|& may not represent the views of my employer.|