[ale] ATi problems

Dave Brooks db at amorphous.org
Sat Feb 3 18:09:40 EST 2001

Greetings,

I could have sworn I read somewhere awhile back that it -WAS- possible to
get the ATi Rage Fury Maxx (gah, thats a mouthful) working under XFree
4.0.1+ with a 2.4.x kernel, albeit only one of the on-board Rage128 Pro
chips would be functional.  Has anyone else read something like this?  I
can't find any information on it now for the life of me.

Unfortunately, this is the card the insurance company decided to put in my
computer after the fire (go figure)... it works like a charm under Win (!=
2000), and I'm about to get rid of it if its totally impossible to get it
working under X.  If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to let me know
(or, send me a price offer :)

-Dave

--
david a. brooks