[ale] the backspace key under X

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Thu Feb 1 15:46:49 EST 2001

Hi there,
	I have a little problem with X, I am using 3.x on my laptop cause
4 doesn't really like my docking station, (Bummer) Anyway. I was wondering
if anyone had any idea why when I hit the backspace in things like
Netscape it deletes the key to the right of the cursor, not the key to the
left as it would do at the command prompt.
	I have been trying to figure out how you would even refer to this
behavior, i.e. What would you call it? I can't seem to come up with
anything looking into the keyboard mappings. Maybe I am just missing it.

Thanks
Ken

--
I've got all the money I'll ever need if I die by 4 o'clock.
                -- Henny Youngman