[ale] AMD300 Watt PS

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 31 14:08:42 EST 2001

On Sat, 2001-12-29 at 14:20, Irv Mullins wrote:
> Here are a few things you could check:
>
> 1. Look for poorly made, perhaps corroded connections in the line.
>
> 2. Look for aluminum wire.
>
> 3. There's also the possibility of a poor contact between the entrance ...

	Another thing to look for: many electricians just use the push in
terminals in most of the outlets.  When we had our basement wired, the
Old Pro noted that he always used the screw terminals everywhere, except
perhaps the last outlet on that line.  The push in connections have two
knife edges that hold the wire, but can corrode and start to cause a
great deal of resistance.  We had long discussions on this, and he's
seen it time and again.  Simply going down the chain, and changing the
pushed-in connections to use the screws solves many brown out and
intermittent problems.

Danny