[ale] [OT] Ale like list for hobby electronics?!

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Sun Dec 30 10:24:09 EST 2001

On Sunday 30 December 2001 09:52 am, CB wrote:

> Sorry about the OT, but I'm hoping some of you guys (whom's opinions I
> respect) can point me to a [preferably] local list about hobby electronics.
> Things like basic circuits, and where I can have circuit boards made in
> small quantities.

A lot of hobby projects have been replaced with microprocessors, since
they are so cheap (like $2.00 ~ $10.00).
One good list I am on discusses various uses of the Atmel AVR chips for all
sorts of things, and just last week had an in-depth discussion on making your
own pc boards.  http://www.mcselec.com/bascom.htm

There are also lots of PIC projects, and Basic Stamp stuff.
You may want to check out http://www.nutsvolts.com, a good magazine
for this type of thing, as well as http://www.circuitcellar.com

As far as local groups, I can't say; I'm not very local to Atlanta any more.
My first suggestion would be to contact someone at the Atlanta Radio Club:
http://www.saf.com/arc/cpind.htm for info on possible special interest groups.

Regards,
Irv Mullins