[ale] Poweredge 4200?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sat Dec 29 01:20:44 EST 2001

I'm booting off a debian woody rescue image to install.  Linux is
very happy  with this so far.  I'm trying to compile a 2.4.16 kernel
though.  I've compiled in the AIC7XXX driver which it sees but it
doesn't recognize the internal hardare RAID root disk.  /proc/pci
has the adapted device but also an unknown.

I tried to boot with root=/dev/sda1 which is what is mounted now with
the stock device but it can't mount it.  No unknown drivers in
lsmod either.

Any thoughts?  This sucker gonna make a great mp3 server.

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER:
FYI: