[ale] lin and win?

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Sat Dec 29 00:36:34 EST 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 08:22:30PM -0800, Stephen Turner wrote:
> ok so i got a win box and a lin box... my problem is
> with wine i can do half the stuff from win in lin but
> if i try to do anything from win im screwed cause it
> HATES lin.. so my question is... is there a program or
> something to open a command prompt to my current lin
> os ??> my partition table is win on 1 and lin either
> on 6 or 7... only 4 partitions total... one
> swap...anyways.. can it be done? i know you can
> install some linuxes in the windows directory but i
> dont want a new linux system i want my linux i
> allready have in like a telnet box or something i
> guess... ya know pull up a terminal box and boom
> running linux... is that even possible at this time?

Hmm, perhaps I'm miss understanding what you are asking.
Is the Window system and the Linux system one and the same
computer (i.e. dual boot system) or do you actually have
two different computers?

If it is a dual boot on on computer and you are booted
into Windows then you cannot "pull up a terminal box and
boom running linux"

If it is two seperate computers and they are both on a
network (hub or switch) then yes you can do things from
"terminals" on the Windows system to run applications,
administer, and etc. the Linux system.
Steven A. DuChene      linux-clusters at mindspring.com
                      sduchene at mindspring.com

        http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene/