[ale] Happy Holidays

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 24 16:40:34 EST 2001

Cadet Hacker wrote:

> Hello guys and gals,
>
> if (linuxGeek.getReligion().equalsIgnoreCase("Christian") {
>         System.out.println("Merry Christmas");
> } else if (linuxGeek.getReligion().equalsIgnoreCase("Jewish")) {
>         System.out.println("Shalom, Happy Haunaka");
> } else if (linuxGeek.getReligion().equalsIgnoreCase("Muslim")) {
>         System.out.println("Hope your Ramadan was great");
> } else if (linuxGeek.getReligion() == null) {
>         System.out.println("Hope your day off is wonderful! ;) ");
> }

happy.cc line 1: Syntax error: expected ) before {

Happy holiday-of-preference,

-- Joe
"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"