[ale] HELP, please -> after 45min compile, mozilla0.96 halts on error :-(

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Wed Dec 19 20:31:52 EST 2001

Greetings !

In pursuit of a stable browser on Debian2.4.6, I am trying to get
mozilla-0.96 going, having been advised it is stable.

Anyway, I finally got it to ./configure properly, at least without any
error messages, after compiling/installing libIDL.

I got a complaint about "zip" being unavailable, and did a soft link to
gzip/gunzip to cover that.

After over 45 mins. on a 750mhz machine, make gives the
error............

make[5]:Entering directory
~/mozilla/xpfe/communicator/resources/content/unix

+++makeing chrome ~mozilla/xpfe/communicator/resources/content/unix =>
../../../../../dist/bin/chrome/comm.jar

+++overriding
content/communicator/platformBrowserBindings.xul
content/communicator/platformEditorBindings.xul
              content/communicator/platformGlobalOverlay.xul

../comm.jar: No such file or dir

zip: content/communicator/platformBrowserBindings.xul.gz already
exists;  not overwritten
zip:               "              EditorBindings.xul.gz      "			"
zip:		   "		  GlobalOverlay.xul.gz	     "			"

Error invoking zip: 1 at ../../../../../config/make-jars.pl line 72,
<STDIN> line 5.

make[5]: *** [install] Error 29
make[5]: Leaving directory
~mozilla/xpfe/communicator/resources/content/unix
make[4]: *** [install] Error 2

What's going on here and what is necessary to repair, please ?

Cordially,

Courtney