[ale] Mandrake (Slow)

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 18 19:40:59 EST 2001

Hi All,
	Over the weekend I tried mandrake for the first time, 8.1 to be exact.  I'm
not sure what's wrong but it seems to be very slow at loading apps.  The apps
generally runs fine after they are loaded but they take for ever to start,
even logging in.  The problem is especially pronounced under KDE (2.2.1, I
think).  I thought it was the machine at one point, so I installed it on
another machine, exactly the same symptom.  Both these machines has run
redhat 6.0 through 7.1 and all worked fine.  What I was wondering is if any
of you have experienced these problems and if so what can be done to correct
it.
Thanks

P.S.  Machine Specs

333MHz K6-2  320MB RAM