[ale] VMware and 2.4.16?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Dec 17 09:59:44 EST 2001

I've had very poor success with VMWare 2.x with any 2.4.x kernel. I got
the 3.0 VMWare and the module problems went away. (kept reporting
invalid module for vmnet)

The rebuild the modules, have the source tree for the >>currently
running<< kernel in the usual /usr/src/linux.

Run the command: vmware-config.pl

It will walk through a module build process that links in with the
header files in the source tree. It will lastly install the built
modules in the /lib/modules/ directory under the kernel location.