[ale] DNS Server Propagation

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Mon Dec 17 08:14:30 EST 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 06:28:43PM -0800, Gabriel Donnell wrote:
> For now, we only have one server that handles all of our services (DHCP, DNS,
> HTTP, IMAP, POP, SMTP, etc.).  If our primary DNS server is down, then all of
> our services will be down.

You need to break the distinction between 'service' and 'server'.

If your primary DNS service is down, then everything else still works.
However, if the box itself is down, then all services are down.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344

 PGP signature