[ale] OT: More on AC97 Sound

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Dec 16 20:40:34 EST 2001

I had mentioned before that I believed my AC97 sound was crappy.   think I
found the problem and was looking to see if anyone else agrees it is
possible.  I purchased some clearance Midland surrond sound speakers with
subwoffer at MicroCenter.  Every time I would play something the led on the
front of the speaker control device would flicker  just a little and I could
hear a popping sound coming from the sound system.  I replaced those with
some MLi speakers and those seem to work great.  What could have called the
original speakers to act like they did?  I almost disabled the sound on the
bios and purchased a new card.

Thank,
Chris Fowler