[ale] OT: Letter to AT&T Broadband re Channel Removal

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Thu Dec 13 20:43:43 EST 2001

You do need a separate receiver for each TV that you wish to tune
independently.  There is no problem tuning several TV's to the same
channel.

My upstairs neighbour has four TV's run off of his dish, using two
receivers.  One is in the mother's bedroom, the other in the living room.
The receiver in the living room then feeds (on VHF channel 3) TV's in the
living room, son's bedroom and kitchen.  The living room receiver has a
UHF remote (i.e. shoots through walls) and the one in the mother's bedroom
is conventional IR.  The thought is that they are only going to be in one
room at a time, except when watching TV before bed.

We have just the one TV.

Also, one dish supports a maximum of two receivers.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.