[ale] News on ATLNet

David Brooks db at stayonline.net
Thu Dec 13 11:28:49 EST 2001

Welp, undoubtedly most of you got the letter from ATLNet by now who had
their service. (Wasn't sure if this had been discussed or not, though
I'd post just in case).

"As of Dec. 6, 2001, Gwinnett Communications and Atlanta Internet
Networks ceased operations."

That's such a shame.  I know Todd must have worked his ass off, so hats
off to him.  Hopefully there's another company out there that will
provide you with a static IP address and reverse DNS without batting an
eyelid.  (Could do without that bandwidth limit though :)  I know
someone here mentioned speedfactory.

Apparently, if you had service with them, they'll be calling you to
arrange pick up of your modem/router.

/dave

--
david a. brooks