[ale] dslreports

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Dec 12 12:04:16 EST 2001

Charles Marcus wrote:

> > I've got to be able to bring the two static ips to separate ethernet
> > ports.
>
> Only way to do this is either with dual nics in one machine or two machines
> with one nic each.

Okay, I can do that.  Question is, can I have this:

<-> is a single ethernet connection.
<=> two ethernet lines.

phone line (dsl) (some device)<-> firewall <=> (one going to a hub, the
other going to a vpn device provided by my company)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html