[ale] USB on a Sony Vaio

Chris Woodruff cwoodruff at openpenguin.com
Wed Dec 12 11:07:22 EST 2001

I am having a hard time getting the USB ports initialized.  I am at work
and so don't have the log messages for the laptop.  But it seems to be
recognized but when the boot does a module dependency check the USB
mouse (optical) powers down.  I am hoping that someone on the list has a
this model or a similiar one and has already found the fix.  I am using
Red Hat 7.1.

I did fix the pcmcia problem so that is working now.  Now I need to
tackle the firewire after I fix the usb.

Thanks

Chris Woodruff