[ale] dslreports

Geoffrey esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Dec 11 16:17:48 EST 2001

David Brooks wrote:

> Also, from the times before that Ive had DSL through ATLNet, I believe
> that I could never ping the DSL gateway (ritz.gwinnett.com?).  I think
> he had ICMP blocked.

Well, I can ping it from a dialup connection to atlnet? Figure that
one..

> If anybody hears anything regarding ATLnet's situation, please post it
> to the list.  I'm sure people like me and Geoff would be interested in
> knowing.

Since I use it for work, I've got to find other alternatives.  Bellsouth
wants to stick you $99 for a static IP, oh, and by the way, that's only
on a business line, so you'd have to have the status of your phone line
changed from residence to business.  What does that do?  Jacks the cost
of the phone line up.  static ip with bellsouth will run you over $110 a
month.

I've left two messages with speakeasy.net over the past two days, still
no call back.

I guess I'll have to look into earthlink now...

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html