[ale] XP and Samba

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Dec 11 11:15:01 EST 2001

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Vaidhy Mayilrangam wrote:

> yes.. but MS windows and Samba do not use tcp/ip.. they use netbios/netbeui
> to share resources ..

Uh, no. I've yet to see an implementation of NetBEUI on any *nix. Maybe I
missed something though. I've seen IPX/SPX used on *nix, but to the best
of my knowledge, Samba only works with TCP/IP. The whole argument is
pretty pointless though. NetBEUI is pretty useless under most
circumstances.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security