[ale] Cable and DSL Going Straight to Heck (was [ale] atlnet)

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Mon Dec 10 18:43:16 EST 2001

Fulton Green wrote:

> Actually, dialing *any* choice on the PBX/ex-fax number (770 476-8791, for
> future ref) gives you the busy/full-mailbox nastygram. I suppose a certified
> and/or registered snail-mail letter would be your next recourse ...
>
> On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 05:41:46PM -0500, David Brooks wrote:
>
>>*boggle* I really don't know.  You can get through to their PBX if you
>>dial their fax line, but selecting the normal "2" choice to get to Todd
>>seems to result in the PBX telling you that the line is busy and, just
>>today, tells you that you cannot leave a message because the voice
>>mailbox is full.
>>
>>Truly strange.  If it's down for much longer I'm going to have to see if
>>another provider can get me up with my DSL...

I dont' want to point fingers unfairly, but I wonder if this is anything
like what I went through Sep-Nov with DirecTV - Bellsouth causes or lets
the DSL connection fail, they simply go deaf to the ISP's inquiries, and
they tell you to basically go to hell when you call because you're not a
Bellsouth DSL customer.

Slight change of subject:  I've noticed that AT&T Broadband is removing
channels from their analog CATV service, putting crawlers on the
channels in question saying that they're "moving" to DIGITAL service's
channel xxx.

Not only are they not going to reduce their charge for giving me less
service, they plan to raise my rates in January.  If I knuckle under in
order to get those channels back, they're going to charge me more per
month as well PLUS any installation fee they decide to levy.

I called AT&T Broadband this morning and was basically told to pound sand.

If this affects you and you hate it (Speedvision and Sci-Fi are among
the affected channels), the Fulton County Cable Coordinator's name is
Desiree Hanson (sp?) and her number is 404 730 6456.

Spread the word.

- Jeff