[ale] IMAP this and IMAP that: take 2

Keith Hopkins hne at inetnow.net
Sun Dec 9 07:18:17 EST 2001

Keith Hopkins wrote:

> Hello fellow ALErs,
>
>  I'm looking for some explainations, maybe pointers to docs.
>
>  The #news & #ftp folders.  What defines them?  I have one user that
> whenever I try to add the mailbox to the NS4/NS6/Mozilla client,
> #news.blah1.blah2.blah3 always appears.  If I try to delete it from
> the client, then I get a "....blah3" does not exist error msg, and it
> is not deleted.  What gives?
>
>  And I forgot my 2nd question....
>
> Lost in Tokyo,
>  Keith

Addendum:  The 2nd Question.

   More of a NS/Moz question:

  How do you make the Message Filters portable.  As I use the computer
of the week, I have to set up the message filters again and again.  I do
have a presistant home directory on the server, and have any type of
server backend/db (like ldap) that I could possible need/want.  How can
I set it up, so when NS/Moz finds the IMAP server, it can find my
message filters too?  Is this a good application for setting up a
roaming user? (even thought it is all on the LAN).  How-to?

Lost in Tokyo,
  Keith