[ale] I did a bad bad thing...

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Thu Dec 6 12:01:32 EST 2001

This morning I accidentally typed 'chown -R apache.apache *' as root.  I
don't know if I was in /, or if chown always takes '*' to mean '/*', but
anyhow, I screwed things up pretty bad.  Once again, Tomsrtbt saved the day.
I set everything to root:root and then set /var/run/named, /home/kevin and
/usr/local/apache back to their respective owners.

Everything seems to work just fine now, except that I cannot su to root.  I
can log in as root, just can't su.

Any ideas?  Are there any files in /etc, /bin, and /sbin that should NOT be
owned by root?