[ale] OMG politics goes digital?

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Sat Dec 1 10:59:18 EST 2001

Oh man - off topic by a mile and I've had my buttons pushed.
<rant>
If you pay attention as you are processed through the jury system, you
will probably notice that what is wanted is nice, passive, leadable,
emotive jurors - NOT independent thinkers. Notice that the jurors _don't_
get to take notes, don't ask questions, in fact don't do a single active
thing to indicate that they are still breathing until they get into the
jury room.
</rant>
My appologies to the inocent of the list.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Robert Heaven wrote:

> I have the solution... stop "electing" the mouthpiece that the big money
> corporations put up for election and start "selecting" our government
> representatives by random draft of ordinary citizens. If we're smart
> enough to serve on jury duty, standing in judgement of peoples lives,
> then we're MORE than smart enough to serve in congress. Then, and ONLY
> then, will we have a government "of the people, by the people and for
> the people" instead of the mess we have now. (i.e., by the corporation,
> for the corporation)
>
> -Robert
>
> Stephen Turner wrote:
>
> >they now can legally hack and monitor your computer?
> >grr.. i mean heck if they did it illegally you could
> >prevent them from it and they couldnt do nothing but
> >now that its legal they can smack you around and on
> >that note why the heck cant the people vote for whats
> >legal what laws and bills get passed? the white house
> >has developed too much power when it comes to saying
> >whats law and whats gonna be done... things need to be
> >fixed.. im ticked grrr hear me whine ;)

> >sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
> >

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.