[ale] Scanner Update

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Aug 30 12:48:49 EDT 2001

Not that anybody was overly concerned, but the scanner problem I asked
about a few days ago got resoved. For the moment, I'd like a side order of
crow...

The difficulty turned out not to be that I was/am pretty clueless at a
times, but the cheap <expletive deleted> powered USB hub in the
works. Works under Windows - doesn't work with Linux. I was actually
getting the software configured just shy of correct, but had a hardware
problem masking my insecurity. Pointers gained here helped getting over
that.

Cutting a long piece shorter - many thanks for the help and the people of
this list.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca
Thompson Freeman          tfreeman at intel.digichem.net