[ale] can't see 3rd NIC card

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Aug 28 15:59:57 EDT 2001

Sage wrote:

> Heyla, all!
>
> Okay, I pretty much know zero about NIC cards and networking, so my undying gratitude will be in order iffin anyone can help me out here.
>
> Got 3 NIC cards, one built in to the motherboard, and 2 PCI. System recognizes the 2 PCI, the MAC addys come up in dmesg and all, but the system does not seem to be recognizing the built-in. What do I do now?

Check the bios to make sure it's not disabled.  I've got a couple of
boxes with built ins and they are always 'seen' first.  Other than that,
I've never gone the 3 nic route, can't help you there, other than
suggesting you do the old manual configuration of the 3 card.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"I don't want a Microsoft Passport, and Microsoft can't have my wallet."