[ale] can't see 3rd NIC card

Sage morrigu_irm at springmail.com
Tue Aug 28 13:27:10 EDT 2001

Here is the only info given in this miserable POS of a handbook (other than the previously mailed info about the driver);

Built-in LAN Adapter
	Onboard 10BaseT/100BaseTX LAN Adapter
	Lan controller integrates Fast Ethernet
	MAC and PHY compliant with IEEE802.3u 100BaseTX, 10BaseT and ANSI X3212 TP-PND standards
	Compliant with ACPI 1.0 and the Network device class Power Management 1.0

Probably not helpful, but either is this book.

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:52:21 -0400 (EDT) Michael Kachline <kachline at compgen.com> wrote:

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Sage wrote:

> Heyla, all!

> Got 3 NIC cards, one built in to the motherboard, and 2 PCI. System
> recognizes the 2 PCI, the MAC addys come up in dmesg and all, but the
> system does not seem to be recognizing the built-in. What do I do now?
<snip>

	What kind of NIC is built onto the motherboard? Ie, what chipset?
(Intel etherexpress, 3com 3c905, etc.) You should find this information
either in the book which came with your motherboard, or possibly by
looking at your motherboard.

							- Mike
 Michael Kachline
 Systems Programmer