[ale] hubs for sale

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Aug 27 16:32:14 EDT 2001

I just stopped in at Microcenter and noted they have about 8 cisco 8
port 10/100 autosensing, configurable hubs on sale.  The boxes are
stamped $79, they're going for $49.  I thought that was a pretty good
deal, so I picked one up and will be checking it out.  Says they are
configurable via a web browser.

For anyone who is interested, says on the box this thing is 'manageable,
stackable repeater.'

Manual says it's a: Cisco 1538 Series micro hub 10/100.

It has 8 ports on the back (as you might expect) but also two other
'connecters' that look like small scsi.  One is labeled 'up' the other
'down.'

Anyway, I'd appreciate any info anyone might have regarding this
puppies.  If anyone's interested in how it goes for me, let me know and
I'll let you know. :)

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"I don't want a Microsoft Passport, and Microsoft can't have my wallet."