[ale] somewhat off topic, not like any windows user would evenget it..

Dan Mount danmail at bubber.com
Fri Aug 24 13:34:19 EDT 2001

<snip>

I guess the placement of the DAC's in the computer was a field
expedient,
more than anything else.  Thinking like a non-audiophile, one would be
inclined to ask where else they might go.  Only thinking like an
audiophile does the answer become clear.

I am not enough of an audiophile to need an external DAC, just as long
as
the onboard DAC's are fairly clean.  For my needs, they are.  It's nice
know the option is there, though.

</snip>

Just in case anyone is interested, you can find several higher end audio
cards at MarsMusic.com. These aren't terribly high end, but more than
most non professionals would need, or probably be able to see benefit
from....

(http://marsmusic.com/store/catalog.jhtml?deptid=9&catid=269)