[ale] Shuttle AV11 sensors

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 24 00:14:43 EDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 11:20:38PM -0400, Paul D. Manno wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question...
>
> Has anyone had success accessing the HW sensors in a Coppermine-based
> Shuttle AV-11 motherboard from a 2.4.* Kernel?  The MB doc says it's a
> Winbond W83781 sensor chip.  Most all of the modules (including lm78)
> will load but nothing's there.
>
> Pointers to useful documentation, are welcome.

See the attached document from the lm_sensors package describing the
capabilities of the W83781 chips.
Steven A. DuChene      linux-clusters at mindspring.com
                      sduchene at mindspring.com

        http://www.mindspring.com/~sduchene/

Kernel driver `w83781d.o'
=========================

        W83782D support is complete and well-tested.
        W83783S support is complete but has not been well-tested.
        W83627HF support is complete but has not been well-tested.
        AS99127F support is BETA and has known problems due to lack of a
		 chip datasheet. SEE BELOW.

Supported chips:
  * Winbond W83781D
    Prefix 'w83781d'
    Addresses scanned: I2C 0x20 - 0x2f (inclusive), ISA 0x290 (8 I/O ports)
    Datasheet: Publicly available at the Winbond website (www.winbond.com.tw)
  * Winbond W83782D
    Prefix 'w83782d'
    Addresses scanned: I2C 0x20 - 0x2f (inclusive), ISA 0x290 (8 I/O ports)
    Datasheet: Publicly available at the Winbond website
  * Winbond W83783S
    Prefix 'w83783s'
    Addresses scanned: I2C 0x20 - 0x2f (inclusive)
    Datasheet: Publicly available at the Winbond website
  * Winbond W83627HF
    Prefix 'w83627hf'
    Addresses scanned: I2C 0x20 - 0x2f (inclusive), ISA 0x290 (8 I/O ports)
    Datasheet: Publicly available at the Winbond website
  * Asus AS99127F
    Prefix 'as99127f'
    Addresses scanned: I2C 0x20 - 0x2f (inclusive)
    Datasheet: Unavailable from Asus

Authors: Frodo Looijaard <frodol at dds.nl>, Philip Edelbrock <phil at netroedge.com>,
         and Mark Studebaker <mdsxyz123 at yahoo.com>

Module Parameters
-----------------

* force: short array (min = 1, max = 48)
  List of adapter,address pairs to boldly assume to be present
* force_w83781d: short array (min = 1, max = 48)
  List of adapter,address pairs which are unquestionably assumed to contain
  a `w83781d' chip
* force_w83782d:
  Ditto
* force_w83783s:
  Ditto
* force_w83627hf:
  Ditto
* force_as99127f:
  Ditto
* ignore: short array (min = 1, max = 48)
  List of adapter,address pairs not to scan
* ignore_range: short array (min = 1, max = 48)
  List of adapter,start-addr,end-addr triples not to scan
* probe: short array (min = 1, max = 48)
  List of adapter,address pairs to scan additionally
* probe_range: short array (min = 1, max = 48)
  List of adapter,start-addr,end-addr triples to scan additionally

Description
-----------

This driver implements support for the Winbond W83781D, W83782D,
W8783S, and W83627HF chips, and the Asus AS99127F.
We will refer to them collectively as W8378* chips.

There is quite some difference between these chips, but they are similar
enough that it was sensible to put them together in one driver.
The W83627HF chip is assumed to be identical to the ISA W83782D.
The AS99127F chip is similar to an I2C-only W83782D.

Detection of these chips can sometimes be foiled because they can be in
an internal state that allows no clean access. If you know the address
of the chip, use a 'force' parameter; this will put them into a more
well-behaved state first.

The W8378* implements temperature sensors (three on the W83781D and W83782D,
two on the W83783S), three FAN rotation speed sensors, voltage sensors
(seven on the W83781D, nine on the W83782D and six on the W83783S), VID
lines, alarms with beep warnings, and some miscellaneous stuff.

Temperatures are measured in degrees Celcius. There is always one main
temperature sensor, and one (W83783S) or two (W83781D and W83782D) other
sensors.  An alarm is triggered for the main sensor once when the
Overtemperature Shutdown limit is crossed; it is triggered again as soon as
it drops below the Hysteresis value. A more useful behaviour
can be found by setting the Hysteresis value to +127 degrees Celcius; in
this case, alarms are issued during all the time when the actual temperature
is above the Overtemperature Shutdown value. For the other sensor(s), an
alarm is triggered when the temperature gets higher then the Overtemperature
Shutdown value; it stays on until the temperature falls below the Hysteresis
value. But on the W83781D, there is only one alarm that functions for both
other sensors!  Temperatures are guaranteed within a range of -55 to +125
degrees. The main temperature sensors has a resolution of 1 degree; the other
sensor(s) of 0.5 degree.

FAN rotation speeds are reported in RPM (rotations per minute). An alarm is
triggered if the rotation speed has dropped below a programmable limit. FAN
readings can be divided by a programmable divider (1, 2, 4 or 8 for the
W83781D; 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 or 128 for the others) to give
the readings more range or accuracy. This is important because some FANs
report only one 'tick' each rotation, while others report two - making
all readings twice as high. Not all RPM values can accurately be represented,
so some rounding is done. With a divider of 2, the lowest representable
value is around 2600 RPM.

Voltage sensors (also known as IN sensors) report their values in volts.
An alarm is triggered if the voltage has crossed a programmable minimum
or maximum limit. Note that minimum in this case always means 'closest to
zero'; this is important for negative voltage measurements. All voltage
inputs can measure voltages between 0 and 4.08 volts, with a resolution
of 0.016 volt.

The VID lines encode the core voltage value: the voltage level your processor
should work with. This is hardcoded by the mainboard and/or processor itself.
It is a value in volts. When it is unconnected, you will often find the
value 3.50 V here.

The W83782D and W83783S temperature conversion machine understands about
several kinds of temperature probes. You can program the so-called
beta value in the sensor files. '1' is the PII/Celeron diode, '2' is the
TN3904 transistor, and 3435 the default thermistor value. Other values
are (not yet) supported. You can program your own values through the
rt interface, but this is not very useful, because these tables are
under NDA.

In addition to the alarms described above, there is a CHAS alarm on the
chips which triggers if your computer case is open.

When an alarm goes off, you can be warned by a beeping signal through
your computer speaker. It is possible to enable all beeping globally,
or only the beeping for some alarms.

If an alarm triggers, it will remain triggered until the hardware register
is read at least once. This means that the cause for the alarm may
already have disappeared!  Note that in the current implementation, all
hardware registers are read whenever any data is read (unless it is less
than 1.5 seconds since the last update). This means that you can easily
miss once-only alarms.

The chips only update values each 1.5 seconds; reading them more often
will do no harm, but will return 'old' values.

W8378* PROBLEMS
-----------------
Known problems:
	- Some chips are misidentified.
	  This is caused by the chip having the wrong WCHIPID register
	  value, so there is no fix. The workaround is to use the
          force_CHIP parameter.
	  (modprobe w83781d force_CHIP=BUS,0x2d where CHIP is the chip name
	   and BUS is your i2c bus number)

AS99127F PROBLEMS
-----------------
The as99127f support was developed without the benefit of a datasheet.
In most cases it is treated as a w83781d.
This support will be BETA until a datasheet is released.
One user has reported problems with fans stopping
occasionally.

Note that the individual beep bits are inverted from the other chips.
That is, in the second entry in the 'beep' file, a '1' bit means
disable, not enable. This may be changed in the future.

Known problems:
	- Problems with diode/thermistor settings (supported?)
	- fan_div register may not really be fan_div.
	- One user reports fans stopping under high server load.
	- Some as99127f chips are misidentified as a w83781d or w83782d.
	  This is caused by the chip having the wrong WCHIPID register
	  value, so there is no fix. The workaround is to use the
          force_as99127f parameter.
	  (modprobe w83781d force_as99127f=BUS,0x2d where BUS is your i2c bus number)

These will not be fixed unless we get a datasheet.
If you have problems, please lobby Asus to release a datasheet.
Unfortunately several others have without success.
Please do not send mail to us asking for better as99127f support.
We have done the best we can without a datasheet.
Please do not send mail to the author or the sensors group asking for
a datasheet or ideas on how to convince Asus. We can't help.

Chip Features
-------------

Chip `w83781d'
             LABEL        LABEL CLASS      COMPUTE CLASS ACCESS MAGNITUDE
               in0               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in1               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in2               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in3               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in4               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in5               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in6               NONE               NONE     R     2
           in0_min                in0                in0     RW    2
           in1_min                in1                in1     RW    2
           in2_min                in2                in2     RW    2
           in3_min                in3                in3     RW    2
           in4_min                in4                in4     RW    2
           in5_min                in5                in5     RW    2
           in6_min                in6                in6     RW    2
           in0_max                in0                in0     RW    2
           in1_max                in1                in1     RW    2
           in2_max                in2                in2     RW    2
           in3_max                in3                in3     RW    2
           in4_max                in4                in4     RW    2
           in5_max                in5                in5     RW    2
           in6_max                in6                in6     RW    2
              fan1               NONE               NONE     R     0
              fan2               NONE               NONE     R     0
              fan3               NONE               NONE     R     0
          fan1_min               fan1               NONE     RW    0
          fan2_min               fan2               NONE     RW    0
          fan3_min               fan3               NONE     RW    0
             temp1               NONE               NONE     R     1
        temp1_hyst              temp1              temp1     RW    1
        temp1_over              temp1              temp1     RW    1
             temp2               NONE               NONE     R     1
        temp2_hyst              temp2              temp2     RW    1
        temp2_over              temp2              temp2     RW    1
             temp3               NONE               NONE     R     1
        temp3_hyst              temp3              temp3     RW    1
        temp3_over              temp3              temp3     RW    1
               vid               NONE               NONE     R     2
          fan1_div               fan1               NONE     RW    0
          fan2_div               fan2               NONE     RW    0
          fan3_div               fan3               NONE     R     0
            alarms               NONE               NONE     R     0
       beep_enable             alarms               NONE     RW    0
             beeps             alarms             alarms     RW    0

             LABEL                          FEATURE SYMBOL        SYSCTL FILE:NR
               in0                     SENSORS_W83781D_IN0                in0:3
               in1                     SENSORS_W83781D_IN1                in1:3
               in2                     SENSORS_W83781D_IN2                in2:3
               in3                     SENSORS_W83781D_IN3                in3:3
               in4                     SENSORS_W83781D_IN4                in4:3
               in5                     SENSORS_W83781D_IN5                in5:3
               in6                     SENSORS_W83781D_IN6                in6:3
           in0_min                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN0_MIN                in0:1
           in1_min                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN1_MIN                in1:1
           in2_min                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN2_MIN                in2:1
           in3_min                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN3_MIN                in3:1
           in4_min                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN4_MIN                in4:1
           in5_min                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN5_MIN                in5:1
           in6_min                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN6_MIN                in6:1
           in0_max                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN0_MAX                in0:2
           in1_max                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN1_MAX                in1:2
           in2_max                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN2_MAX                in2:2
           in3_max                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN3_MAX                in3:2
           in4_max                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN4_MAX                in4:2
           in5_max                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN5_MAX                in5:2
           in6_max                 SENSORS_W83781D_IN6_MAX                in6:2
              fan1                    SENSORS_W83781D_FAN1               fan1:2
              fan2                    SENSORS_W83781D_FAN2               fan2:2
              fan3                    SENSORS_W83781D_FAN3               fan3:2
          fan1_min                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN1_MIN               fan1:1
          fan2_min                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN2_MIN               fan2:1
          fan3_min                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN3_MIN               fan3:1
             temp1                   SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP1              temp1:3
        temp1_hyst              SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP1_HYST              temp1:2
        temp1_over              SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP1_OVER              temp1:1
             temp2                   SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP2              temp2:3
        temp2_hyst              SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP2_HYST              temp2:2
        temp2_over              SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP2_OVER              temp2:1
             temp3                   SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP3              temp3:3
        temp3_hyst              SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP3_HYST              temp3:2
        temp3_over              SENSORS_W83781D_TEMP3_OVER              temp3:1
               vid                     SENSORS_W83781D_VID                vid:1
          fan1_div                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN1_DIV            fan_div:1
          fan2_div                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN2_DIV            fan_div:2
          fan3_div                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN3_DIV            fan_div:3
            alarms                  SENSORS_W83781D_ALARMS             alarms:1
       beep_enable             SENSORS_W83781D_BEEP_ENABLE               beep:1
             beeps                   SENSORS_W83781D_BEEPS               beep:2

Chip `w83782d'
             LABEL        LABEL CLASS      COMPUTE CLASS ACCESS MAGNITUDE
               in0               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in1               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in2               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in3               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in4               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in5               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in6               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in7               NONE               NONE     R     2
               in8               NONE               NONE     R     2
           in0_min                in0                in0     RW    2
           in1_min                in1                in1     RW    2
           in2_min                in2                in2     RW    2
           in3_min                in3                in3     RW    2
           in4_min                in4                in4     RW    2
           in5_min                in5                in5     RW    2
           in6_min                in6                in6     RW    2
           in7_min                in7                in7     RW    2
           in8_min                in8                in8     RW    2
           in0_max                in0                in0     RW    2
           in1_max                in1                in1     RW    2
           in2_max                in2                in2     RW    2
           in3_max                in3                in3     RW    2
           in4_max                in4                in4     RW    2
           in5_max                in5                in5     RW    2
           in6_max                in6                in6     RW    2
           in7_max                in7                in7     RW    2
           in8_max                in8                in8     RW    2
              fan1               NONE               NONE     R     0
              fan2               NONE               NONE     R     0
              fan3               NONE               NONE     R     0
          fan1_min               fan1               NONE     RW    0
          fan2_min               fan2               NONE     RW    0
          fan3_min               fan3               NONE     RW    0
             temp1               NONE               NONE     R     1
        temp1_hyst              temp1              temp1     RW    1
        temp1_over              temp1              temp1     RW    1
             temp2               NONE               NONE     R     1
        temp2_hyst              temp2              temp2     RW    1
        temp2_over              temp2              temp2     RW    1
             temp3               NONE               NONE     R     1
        temp3_hyst              temp3              temp3     RW    1
        temp3_over              temp3              temp3     RW    1
               vid               NONE               NONE     R     2
          fan1_div               fan1               NONE     RW    0
          fan2_div               fan2               NONE     RW    0
          fan3_div               fan3               NONE     R     0
            alarms               NONE               NONE     R     0
       beep_enable             alarms               NONE     RW    0
             beeps             alarms             alarms     RW    0
           sensor1               NONE               NONE     RW    0
           sensor2               NONE               NONE     RW    0
           sensor3               NONE               NONE     RW    0

             LABEL                          FEATURE SYMBOL        SYSCTL FILE:NR
               in0                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN0                in0:3
               in1                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN1                in1:3
               in2                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN2                in2:3
               in3                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN3                in3:3
               in4                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN4                in4:3
               in5                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN5                in5:3
               in6                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN6                in6:3
               in7                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN7                in7:3
               in8                     SENSORS_W83782D_IN8                in8:3
           in0_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN0_MIN                in0:1
           in1_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN1_MIN                in1:1
           in2_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN2_MIN                in2:1
           in3_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN3_MIN                in3:1
           in4_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN4_MIN                in4:1
           in5_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN5_MIN                in5:1
           in6_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN6_MIN                in6:1
           in7_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN7_MIN                in7:1
           in8_min                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN8_MIN                in8:1
           in0_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN0_MAX                in0:2
           in1_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN1_MAX                in1:2
           in2_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN2_MAX                in2:2
           in3_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN3_MAX                in3:2
           in4_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN4_MAX                in4:2
           in5_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN5_MAX                in5:2
           in6_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN6_MAX                in6:2
           in7_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN7_MAX                in7:2
           in8_max                 SENSORS_W83782D_IN8_MAX                in8:2
              fan1                    SENSORS_W83782D_FAN1               fan1:2
              fan2                    SENSORS_W83782D_FAN2               fan2:2
              fan3                    SENSORS_W83781D_FAN3               fan3:2
          fan1_min                SENSORS_W83782D_FAN1_MIN               fan1:1
          fan2_min                SENSORS_W83782D_FAN2_MIN               fan2:1
          fan3_min                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN3_MIN               fan3:1
             temp1                   SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP1              temp1:3
        temp1_hyst              SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP1_HYST              temp1:2
        temp1_over              SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP1_OVER              temp1:1
             temp2                   SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP2              temp2:3
        temp2_hyst              SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP2_HYST              temp2:2
        temp2_over              SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP2_OVER              temp2:1
             temp3                   SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP3              temp3:3
        temp3_hyst              SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP3_HYST              temp3:2
        temp3_over              SENSORS_W83782D_TEMP3_OVER              temp3:1
               vid                     SENSORS_W83782D_VID                vid:1
          fan1_div                SENSORS_W83782D_FAN1_DIV            fan_div:1
          fan2_div                SENSORS_W83782D_FAN2_DIV            fan_div:2
          fan3_div                SENSORS_W83781D_FAN3_DIV            fan_div:3
            alarms                  SENSORS_W83782D_ALARMS             alarms:1
       beep_enable             SENSORS_W83782D_BEEP_ENABLE               beep:1
             beeps                   SENSORS_W83782D_BEEPS               beep:2
           sensor1                   SENSORS_W83782D_SENS1            sensor1:1
           sensor2                   SENSORS_W83782D_SENS2            sensor2:1
           sensor3                   SENSORS_W83782D_SENS3            sensor3:1

Chip `w83783s'
[...]

               in0                     SENSORS_W83783S_IN0                in0:3
               in1                     SENSORS_W83783S_IN1                in1:3
               in2                     SENSORS_W83783S_IN2                in2:3
               in3                     SENSORS_W83783S_IN3                in3:3
               in4                     SENSORS_W83783S_IN4                in4:3
               in5                     SENSORS_W83783S_IN5                in5:3
               in6                     SENSORS_W83783S_IN6                in6:3
           in0_min                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN0_MIN                in0:1
           in1_min                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN1_MIN                in1:1
           in2_min                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN2_MIN                in2:1
           in3_min                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN3_MIN                in3:1
           in4_min                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN4_MIN                in4:1
           in5_min                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN5_MIN                in5:1
           in6_min                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN6_MIN                in6:1
           in0_max                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN0_MAX                in0:2
           in1_max                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN1_MAX                in1:2
           in2_max                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN2_MAX                in2:2
           in3_max                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN3_MAX                in3:2
           in4_max                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN4_MAX                in4:2
           in5_max                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN5_MAX                in5:2
           in6_max                 SENSORS_W83783S_IN6_MAX                in6:2
              fan1                    SENSORS_W83783S_FAN1               fan1:2
              fan2                    SENSORS_W83783S_FAN2               fan2:2
              fan3                    SENSORS_W83783S_FAN3               fan3:2
          fan1_min                SENSORS_W83783S_FAN1_MIN               fan1:1
          fan2_min                SENSORS_W83783S_FAN2_MIN               fan2:1
          fan3_min                SENSORS_W83783S_FAN3_MIN               fan3:1
             temp1                   SENSORS_W83783S_TEMP1              temp1:3
        temp1_hyst              SENSORS_W83783S_TEMP1_HYST              temp1:2
        temp1_over              SENSORS_W83783S_TEMP1_OVER              temp1:1
             temp2                   SENSORS_W83783S_TEMP2              temp2:3
        temp2_hyst              SENSORS_W83783S_TEMP2_HYST              temp2:2
        temp2_over              SENSORS_W83783S_TEMP2_OVER              temp2:1
               vid                     SENSORS_W83783S_VID                vid:1
          fan1_div                SENSORS_W83783S_FAN1_DIV            fan_div:1
          fan2_div                SENSORS_W83783S_FAN2_DIV            fan_div:2
          fan3_div                SENSORS_W83783S_FAN3_DIV            fan_div:3
            alarms                  SENSORS_W83783S_ALARMS             alarms:1
       beep_enable             SENSORS_W83783S_BEEP_ENABLE               beep:1
             beeps                   SENSORS_W83783S_BEEPS               beep:2
           sensor1                   SENSORS_W83783S_SENS1            sensor1:1
           sensor2                   SENSORS_W83783S_SENS2            sensor2:1

Miscellaneous documentation
===========================

/PROC ENTRIES
-------------
Varies depending on chip type. Most are identical to the lm78 entries.
See the lm78 documentation for details.

Additional entries not in the lm78:

	pwm[1-4]: (782d/783s only)
	  Controls the speed of the fans with PWM (Pulse Width Modulation)
	  Valid values:
	    0 - 255. 255 = max speed.

	sensor[1-3]: (782d/783s only)
	  Controls the sensor type. To change to a different
	  sensor type, for example, do 'echo 2 > sensor1'.
	  Valid values:
	       1: Pentium II / Celeron diode
	       2: 2N3904 Transistor in a diode configuration
	    3435: Thermistor with Beta = 3435. Beta is a measure
	          of sensitivity to temperature.
	  Thermistors with other Betas could in theory be supported
	  after correspondence with Winbond. See below.

	rt[1-3]: (781d only)
	  32-byte tables controlling the conversion from
	  resistance to temperature for thermistors.
	  For the curious only. Writing to these entries will
	  probably render temperature sensing insane.
	  Only set at initialization; not updated every 1.5 seconds.

TO DO:
-----
 782d programmable pins

NOTES:
-----
  783s has no in1 so that in[2-6] are compatible with the 781d/782d.

  783s pin is programmable for -5V or temp1; defaults to -5V,
       no control in driver so temp1 doesn't work.

  782d and 783s datasheets differ on which is pwm1 and which is pwm2.
       We chose to follow 782d.

  782d and 783s pin is programmable for fan3 input or pwm2 output;
       defaults to fan3 input.
       no control in driver so pwm2 doesn't work.

  782d has pwm1-2 for isa, pwm1-4 for i2c. (pwm3-4 share pins with
       the isa pins)

  781d allowable values for fan_div are 1,2,4,8.
  782d/783s allowable values for fan_div are 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128.

Data sheet updates:
------------------
	- Mask off lower bit of all ID registers.

	- PWM clock registers:

		000: master /  512
		001: master / 1024
		010: master / 2048
		011: master / 4096
		100: master / 8192

Answers from Winbond tech support
---------------------------------

> 1) In the W83781D data sheet section 7.2 last paragraph, it talks about
>    reprogramming the R-T table if the Beta of the thermistor is not
>    3435K. The R-T table is described briefly in section 8.20.
>    What formulas do I use to program a new R-T table for a given Beta?

	We are sorry that the calculation for R-T table value is
confidential. If you have another Beta value of thermistor, we can help
to calculate the R-T table for you. But you should give us real R-T
Table which can be gotten by thermistor vendor. Therefore we will calculate
them and obtain 32-byte data, and you can fill the 32-byte data to the
register in Bank0.CR51 of W83781D.

> 2) In the W83782D data sheet, it mentions that pins 38, 39, and 40 are
>    programmable to be either thermistor or Pentium II diode inputs.
>    How do I program them for diode inputs? I can't find any register
>    to program these to be diode inputs.
 --> You may program Bank0 CR[5Dh] and CR[59h] registers.

 	CR[5Dh]    		bit 1(VTIN1)    bit 2(VTIN2)   bit 3(VTIN3)

      	thermistor                0		 0		0
 	diode 		          1		 1		1

(error) CR[59h] 		bit 4(VTIN1)	bit 2(VTIN2)   bit 3(VTIN3)
(right) CR[59h] 		bit 4(VTIN1)	bit 5(VTIN2)   bit 6(VTIN3)

 	PII thermal diode         1		 1		1
 	2N3904	diode	          0		 0		0

Author/Maintainer