[ale] stupid question to the apache experts

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Aug 23 10:43:15 EDT 2001

Joe Steele wrote:

> A browser will generate this form of GET request if it is configured
> to use a proxy.  Configure your browser to use your web server as a
> proxy on port 80.  Then try to pull up http://www.spedia.net/.  You
> should successfully replicate the log entry.
>
> What's puzzling to me is that your server's response was 200 which
> indicates success.  Is your server set up to accept proxy requests?

Okay this is wierd.  I configured my browser (on another machine) to
look at my web server as a proxy and no matter what url I enter, I get
the main page of my web server.  The wierd thing is I get the  "GET ..."
entry for the url I entered in my access log as a success.  The
difference between my attempts and the attempt I'm trying to figure out
is that with my attempts there are also references to the various images
that were loaded from my main page as well.  With the attempt I'm trying
to figure out, I don't see anything but the one "GET
http://www.spedia.net/"

I'm not running squid or anything, does Apache have the ability to
proxy?  If so, where would I turn it off?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"I don't want a Microsoft Passport, and Microsoft can't have my wallet."