[ale] piping to a port

Chris Fowler ChrisF at computone.com
Thu Aug 16 11:12:10 EDT 2001

You make valid points.  I enjoy writing the code for educational purposes.  When I see an opp, I usually might try to reinvent the wheel.  Reinventing the wheel gave us Linux.  Linus used minix code and sun documentation to determine what the POSIX system calls and library calls were supposed to do.  He never had a standard.  I have an old one but rarely look at it.