[ale] MS trying to blind side Linux via tcp/ip?

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Thu Aug 16 10:06:13 EDT 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Mel Burslan wrote:

> I respect Steve Gibson's opinions and have not seen him writing up
> something just to get some media attention. Media attention comes from

This will be my last post on this as it's getting too far off topic.

Respecting his opinions is one thing. You have every right to do that.
However, opinions are like assholes...everybody has one. Facts are another
matter and any REAL security professional will quickly let you know that Steve
Gibson is no security expert and very little factual information comes out of
his little corner of the world that isn't common knowledge anyway.

Some of the things he says may seem innovative and revolutionary to the casual
observer, but under the scrutiny of the security community...they just dont hold
up. I've seen it time after time. I dont care to debate the merits of Gibson's
mad rantings with you. You're entitled to your own opinions. In my opinion,
Steve Gibson waits for the bandwagon to pass by...then madly chases it down just
in time to jump on right before the media arrives...pushing his way to the front
of the crowd just in time to get his picture taken. Security Expert...I think
not. Media whore...the jury's still out on that.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security