[ale] AT&T Broadband blocking inbound http?

Transam@cavu.com transam at cavu.com
Mon Aug 13 00:28:32 EDT 2001

> http://help.broadband.att.com/faq.jsp?content_id=792&category_id=54

> Looks like the party is over for AT&T and @Home customers...

Thanks for the URL.  I just sent a "support" email to them telling 'em
what greedy bastards they were for using this as an excuse to block
port 80 to force people operating web servers to pay them more for
commercial service.  (You may want to tell them too.)

I also pointed out that I run Linux so I'm immune to M$'s stupid bugs.
I also suggested that if they wanted to protect their M$ clients from
the SirCam virus too that they should block email.

(I wasn't operating my web server through them but I've been totally
disgusted with their service and I have no decent alternatives since
I cannot get DSL.)

Bob
transam at cavu.com                       [Bob's ALE Bulk email]
bob at cavu.com                           [Please use for email to me]