[ale] Newbie Greg's Question of the Day - Smoothwall vs OpenBSD

Greg runman at telocity.com
Sat Aug 11 22:38:36 EDT 2001

Do your have any experience with NetBSD ?  Is it something designed strictly
for internet/intranet usage ?  Also, can I run Linux programs on FreeBSD ?
(ie. StarOffice, Gnucash, Win4Lin, etc ?)  I have noticed that there are no
books on OpenBSD, but several on FreeBSD. Are there any companies supporting
FreeBSD or is it something that is just "out there" ?

Sorry if these seem stupid questions, I give greater weight to someone is
using this stuff as opposed to strictly researching it on the Internet (and
I work in a 110% M$ IT shop where no one knows or cares about anything
except Microcrap...<rant>  though Bill has made it really simple and easy to
work with - Look Ma ! I can insert a disk, hit "install" and I am a sys
admin !! wahoo !) </rant>

TIA
Greg Canter